Our board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance of the organisation and for supporting the team at The Suit Works to implement their business plan.
To ensure we continue to involve the community in the development and growth of The Suit Works, we are looking for a trustee who understands the needs of our clients. This may be through the lived experience of using our service, or you may support individuals on their employability journey.
This is a very exciting opportunity for both you & us and we are delighted to be expanding our Board of Trustees in this way. We believe this particular role is vital in ensuring we continue to meet the needs of clients.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are aware of The Suit Works and want to be involved in ensuring we continue to thrive
- You are passionate about supporting individuals into employment
- You want to get involved in a local charity and are able to volunteer a few hours per month
- You want to contribute to one of the many services in the region that aim to tackle the cost of living crisis
What we need from you?
- The time to commit to attending 5 board meetings per year, one AGM and any other relevant extraordinary meetings.
- Enthusiasm for developing your role and contributing to the objectives of The Suit Works.
To find out more about our current board of trustees please see here
Previous Board Experience is not essential. If you are new to the role of trustee, our team will support you through an induction and throughout your time with us.
The most important thing is to have enthusiasm for what we do along with a passion for supporting others. This is voluntary role, but all expenses will be paid.
We want our Board to reflect the communities we support. To enhance the diversity of our Board we would particularly like to hear from ethnic minorities, disabled people and marginalised groups.
Please drop us an email on email@example.com if you would like to find out more or if you would like to request a recruitment pack. Alternatively feel free to call us on 07468464776 for an informal chat.
The closing date is Monday 20th March 2023 at 5pm.
If you are looking to gain new skills, strengthen your ties to the community or you want to share your expertise; volunteering is the perfect role for you!
We need volunteers for a range of areas including:
Social Media (minimum 5 hours per week)
– Creating and sharing posts of our amazing client stories, as well as creating campaigns for donations and fundraisers.
Administration (minimum 5 hours per week)
– Duties include taking referrals, diary management and data entry. No two days are the same at The Suit Works so we welcome individuals who would like to get involved with all areas of finance and admin.
Events (minimum 4 hours per week)
– Attend events on our behalf and help us spread awareness of what we do and how individuals can access our service. These can include include job fairs and community events. We also need your help in finding the best events to attend!
Fundraising (minimum 5 hours per week)
– If you are looking for fundraising experience, we need individuals to assist with creating new ideas for raising funds to support our service.
Client feedback (minimum 2 hours per week)
– Our service goes beyond providing a smart outfit! We need individuals to contact clients several weeks after their appointment with us and find out how their journey back into employment is going.
All of the above can be combined to one or two roles depending how much time you have available. We are also open to these roles being carried out remotely (where possible).
If you would like to know more about what it is like to volunteer at The Suit Works, please visit our volunteer page here
If you are interested please contact Faye on 07468464776 or drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you!